tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2017-02-06T09:31:40Z
The following string in the post source code is displayed "as is" (as plain text) in YAF 2.2.3:
Quote:

[img=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6g56LjIUheNcVNEQUJpdkhlVVU/view?usp=sharing]Restored[/img]

[img=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6g56LjIUheNcVNEQUJpdkhlVVU/view?usp=sharing]Restored[/img]

Are we doing something wrong?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2017-02-08T16:39:30Z
Because thats not a image! that link opens the google drive site with the image. In google drive you cannot link directly to the image.
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2017-02-09T08:41:14Z
Sorry, perhaps I was very tired when asking this. Sure, the URL leads to a special webpage on Google Drive which is not an image "as is".
Perhaps, I needed to ask: is there a way to make it work with the YAF [img] tag?
And what free public hosting platforms (imgur, etc.) would you recommend to use for this purpose?
tha_watcha
2017-02-12T18:43:15Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

Sorry, perhaps I was very tired when asking this. Sure, the URL leads to a special webpage on Google Drive which is not an image "as is".
Perhaps, I needed to ask: is there a way to make it work with the YAF [img] tag?

No because the images from google drive you can not hotlink. The only solution would be to create a custom bbcode and display the webpage in a iframe.

Originally Posted by: tecman 

And what free public hosting platforms (imgur, etc.) would you recommend to use for this purpose?

Well if possible you could enable attachments for images or you use an image hosting platform. I don't really know what is the best or good. I use most of the time imgur or tinypic.

UserPostedImage