zorba
  •  zorba
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2015-09-30T19:38:49Z
Hi, I'm new to YAF.net.

I'm installing YAF into our website hosted by GoDaddy.

I'm following the instructions here:
https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET/wiki/Installation 

where it says:
"STEP 1. UNZIP
The first step after downloading is to Unzip YAF.NET and copy the content to the physical location where the Application (YAF) will be run from."

But when I go to the "Downloads" page (http://www.yetanotherforum.net/download) I am confronted with a choice of several versions of YAF...

Under the first section "YAF.NET v2.2.2" I chose "Source Package" as I want to be able to edit the asp.net files eventually to customise the forum.

I'm busy uploading the contents to our website hosting area by FTP, however straight away I noticed that this downloaded zip looks more like a visual studio project than a website. For example there is a *.sln file, but no index.* file.

How to proceed?
Sponsor
zorba
  •  zorba
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2015-09-30T21:09:06Z
Ok, so I also uploaded the files in the "Install Package" group (also under the first section "YAF.NET v2.2.2" on the Downloads page).

On inspection these appear to be more like a website, with a "default.aspx" in the root folder.

So I uploaded them by FTP and I'm getting further now...

Please change the documentation. I wasted >1 hour on this 🙂
tha_watcha
2015-10-01T10:54:00Z
Originally Posted by: zorba 

Ok, so I also uploaded the files in the "Install Package" group (also under the first section "YAF.NET v2.2.2" on the Downloads page).

On inspection these appear to be more like a website, with a "default.aspx" in the root folder.

So I uploaded them by FTP and I'm getting further now...

Please change the documentation. I wasted >1 hour on this :)

Sorry for the confusion, i updated the documentation.

UserPostedImage
zorba
  •  zorba
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2015-10-14T19:02:51Z
Thanks buddy. By the way after I posted this I realised you are on your own maintaining this project, so well done and thanks, and sorry if I was a bit harsh on you 🙂

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.