WalterMorris
2015-08-12T09:04:29Z
I have a yafnet installation working well for a client, but they have a somewhat unusual requirement - they insist that users who register use their full names as username. There is a message to this effect on the sign up screen, but of course most users signing up completely ignore that, and the site administrators have to contact the user, delete the registration, and ask them to reregister as per the requirements.

Now obviously I can tweak the regular expression for username validation, but does anyone have any tips for an expression which would satisfy the requirement? I'm scratching my head, particularly given our userbase comes from a number of different European countries...
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2015-08-13T12:26:02Z
I am not sure about any expressions, but I would make the username field read-only and then concatenate the First Name and Last Name fields into the username field on each keystroke.