vuesoft
  •  vuesoft
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2015-02-11T20:56:30Z
I recently updated my website from DNN 7.01.02 to 7.04.00. After updating, all the pages in my forums appear to redirect with an "Object moved to here" message that momentarily appears. The page names are also "Object Moved".

Here's the link to my forums so you can see what it's doing:
http://www.printablecal....PrintableCal-Forums.aspx 

If I manually remove the ".aspx" extension from the URL and paste the URL into the address bar, then I don't see the Object Moved message. However, all the forum links and topic links end with .aspx. Does anyone have any idea why the aspx extension is being added to the URLs, or how to fix it?
Sponsor
vuesoft
  •  vuesoft
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2015-02-11T23:08:29Z
I figured it out. The "UrlRewriter" line in my web.config file needed to be removed. I'll need to do some more testing to see if this change will break other things, but it appears to have solved the problem I'm seeing in my YAF forums.

<system.webServer>
<modules>
REMOVED: <add name="UrlRewriter" type="Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.RewriterHttpModule,Intelligencia.UrlRewriter" preCondition="managedHandler" />
</modules>
</system.webServer>
tha_watcha
2015-02-12T06:04:34Z
Originally Posted by: vuesoft 

I figured it out. The "UrlRewriter" line in my web.config file needed to be removed. I'll need to do some more testing to see if this change will break other things, but it appears to have solved the problem I'm seeing in my YAF forums.

<system.webServer>
<modules>
REMOVED: <add name="UrlRewriter" type="Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.RewriterHttpModule,Intelligencia.UrlRewriter" preCondition="managedHandler" />
</modules>
</system.webServer>

Yes this handler can be safely removed, If you upgrade to the latest version of YAF then all entries will be automatically removed.

UserPostedImage
rohanphillips
2015-02-13T16:29:42Z
I have also experience the 404 Error message when upgrading to DNN 7.4.0

I have this URL rewrite line

<add name="UrlRewrite" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewriteModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" preCondition="managedHandler" />

However, if I remove that, it stops my whole site.

Thoughts?

Thanks
tha_watcha
2015-02-16T10:34:05Z
Originally Posted by: rohanphillips 

I have also experience the 404 Error message when upgrading to DNN 7.4.0

I have this URL rewrite line

<add name="UrlRewrite" type="DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewriteModule, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" preCondition="managedHandler" />

However, if I remove that, it stops my whole site.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I would try to upgrade to the latest version of YAF, this should fix the issues with the urls

UserPostedImage
rohanphillips
2015-02-16T13:20:23Z
I have upgraded to 2.2.0, problem still exists
tha_watcha
2015-02-17T09:18:30Z
What are your url rewriter settings? is Url rewrite turned on for YAF? In the web.config under appSettings

<add key="YAF.EnableURLRewriting" value="true" />

And what friendlyUrl Provider are you using?
UserPostedImage
rohanphillips
2015-02-17T13:20:49Z
I'm using the native DNN friendly URL

<friendlyUrl defaultProvider="DNNFriendlyUrl">
<providers>
<clear />
<add name="DNNFriendlyUrl" type="DotNetNuke.Services.Url.FriendlyUrl.DNNFriendlyUrlProvider, DotNetNuke.HttpModules" includePageName="true" regexMatch="[^a-zA-Z0-9 _-]" urlFormat="humanfriendly" />
</providers>
</friendlyUrl>

I can't see the key you mentioned above.

Is is possible for you list everything I should find in the web.config file associated with this issue?

Thanks
JasonWHook
2015-02-26T15:08:54Z
Is there an update on this? I have the same problem after upgrading to DNN 7.4. I upgraded YAF to 2.20.5710 and then again to 2.20.5711 and neither have resolve the issue.

I have YAF.EnableURLRewriting value="true" as noted above, but I have what looks like the DNN version of the UrlRewriter module. Everything else in my site works...

The YAF module initial page/view loads showing the recent activity and list of forums/etc., but anything within the module you click on results in a 404 error.
rohanphillips
2015-02-26T15:12:38Z
Originally Posted by: JasonWHook 

I have YAF.EnableURLRewriting value="true"

I found setting this value to false got things working again.

JasonWHook
2015-02-26T15:20:01Z
Nice, thanks, that did it for me too. Back in business!
prachi123
2015-05-14T10:33:24Z
Hey, thanks for tips, from last days i also facing the same problem..