BWG
  •  BWG
  • 99.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2014-11-02T18:10:28Z
Hi,

When using the mobile theme on an iPhone 4s or iPad 3rd gen both with IOS7 there is a problem using the quick reply box. Once the end of the line is reached onscreen the cursor disappears or jumps around and the screen scrolls down to the end of the forum. It's very difficult to type a message because of this. I've noticed this happening here on this forum and as well as my implementation.

I've not tested with other iPhone/iPad/IOS versions so don't know whether the problem also applies to them.

I've had a play around with css and jquery (for example to adjust the column in the quick reply text area) but nothing has really helped.

Any ideas?

Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2014-11-03T13:57:17Z
Originally Posted by: BWG 

Hi,

When using the mobile theme on an iPhone 4s or iPad 3rd gen both with IOS7 there is a problem using the quick reply box. Once the end of the line is reached onscreen the cursor disappears or jumps around and the screen scrolls down to the end of the forum. It's very difficult to type a message because of this. I've noticed this happening here on this forum and as well as my implementation.

I've not tested with other iPhone/iPad/IOS versions so don't know whether the problem also applies to them.

I've had a play around with css and jquery (for example to adjust the column in the quick reply text area) but nothing has really helped.

Any ideas?

I've had users explain similar issues and I believe it is related to the CodeMirror texteditor that was just removed. I recommend downloading the latest source, compile and upgrade. You can find it on the link below.
https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET 
BWG
  •  BWG
  • 99.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2014-11-03T19:22:55Z
Thanks. That resolves the issue and is a big improvement on iPhone / iPad when using the mobile them. 🙂

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.