Rawbert
  •  Rawbert
  • 94.2% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2014-09-01T04:09:55Z
It'd be nice to be able to use your flickr pics instead of the yaf albums! Flickr gives each user 1TB disk space for FREE!
I don't know if it's possible at all to do this.. just putting it out there.
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2014-09-01T13:02:39Z
Originally Posted by: Rawbert 

It'd be nice to be able to use your flickr pics instead of the yaf albums! Flickr gives each user 1TB disk space for FREE!

Wouldn't that force users to use/create Flickr account? Adding a layer of complexity to showing pics?
Rawbert
  •  Rawbert
  • 94.2% (Exalted)
2014-09-01T13:09:19Z
We can have flicker as an option.
But people are now forced to either upload their pic to a hosting service first, then get the link to use in yaf or use the horrible yaf albums.. PITA.. and very limited.. I can't allow users unlimited photo uploads, but yahoo can.. 1TB FREE!!

PLUS, linking a bunch of flickr pics to your forum will increase traffic to your site!!!
Zero2Cool
2014-09-01T13:56:14Z

PLUS, linking a bunch of flickr pics to your forum will increase traffic to your site!!!

How so?
Rawbert
  •  Rawbert
  • 94.2% (Exalted)
2014-09-02T01:54:32Z
I've read that flickr is useful for SEO, link building, better page load times, etc. here's some examples:

"Flickr can also be used in your link building strategy. If you own your images (you created them) you can upload them with Creative Common rights. This will allow your images to be shared in return for having your business mentioned with a link back to your site.

Here’s how this tactic works:

Upload your image with Creative Common rights and follow all of the above optimisation tips for Flickr images. After your image description include a short note telling users to give you a credit back when using it.

This note can look something like this:

Feel free to use this image for your page or blog post as long as you include an image credit with a clickable (hyperlinked) and followed link to <a href=”http://yourdomain.com/”>yourdomain</a>"

Source: http://www.koozai.com/blog/search-marketing/content-marketing-seo/increase-traffic-with-images/ 

"You get many search engine optimization (SEO) benefits from using images located at Flickr and Picasa:

Better page load time since these networks have many more computers serving content than your site
You get high-quality backlinks pointing to your site
You can add geo-location which helps your local search engine rankings
Bandwidth and storage reduction
Better search engine presence for your images
You can create slideshows
Images can be shared socially – another way to connect with people"

Source: http://denverseocompany21stsoft.com/seo-benefits-flickr-picasa-searchengineoptimization/ 
tha_watcha
2014-09-02T08:12:03Z

You can already use flickr and other image sites in yaf. All these sites provide bbcodes for the image preview+link as bbcode via the share button.
UserPostedImage
Rawbert
  •  Rawbert
  • 94.2% (Exalted)
2014-09-10T16:56:36Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

You can already use flickr and other image sites in yaf. All these sites provide bbcodes for the image preview+link as bbcode via the share button.

Yes, but I was thinking more like a plugin so flickr albums show up directly in yaf just like the yaf albums do. Kind of like how Windows Live Writer with the flickr plugin works.
It' probably too much work to do this though.. I just figured I'll put it out there as a "wish".. 🙂