Nate
  •  Nate
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2014-07-21T19:20:58Z
Is there a way to setup a new board and create in it an administrator role that does not have access to the Host Settings? I'm creating several boards for different clients, however the administrators for each seperate board have access to the host settings and therefore can see all the different other boards (i.e. other clients.) Although it doesn't appear they can mess with the individual boards themselves, if they for instance disable registrations in the host settings, that disables the registrations for every single client board.

I would like to create a single "Super User" with host setting access and then for each board have an admin account with everything BUT host settings.

Is this possible? Any assistance or input is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2014-07-22T09:12:03Z
Originally Posted by: Nate 

Is there a way to setup a new board and create in it an administrator role that does not have access to the Host Settings? I'm creating several boards for different clients, however the administrators for each seperate board have access to the host settings and therefore can see all the different other boards (i.e. other clients.) Although it doesn't appear they can mess with the individual boards themselves, if they for instance disable registrations in the host settings, that disables the registrations for every single client board.

I would like to create a single "Super User" with host setting access and then for each board have an admin account with everything BUT host settings.

Of course it is possible simply create another user, and assign that user to the Administrator Role. But you can always downgrade an Host to an administrator by going to the User Profile and un check the "Host Admin" setting.
UserPostedImage
Nate
  •  Nate
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2014-07-22T16:54:26Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Originally Posted by: Nate 

Of course it is possible simply create another user, and assign that user to the Administrator Role. But you can always downgrade an Host to an administrator by going to the User Profile and un check the "Host Admin" setting.

EDIT: I believe you can disregard the issue below. I found the admin page access settings in the Host section and I believe that's what I need to configure.

Thanks for the feedback. So I've gone ahead and created a new admin user (not host admin) and assigned them the Admin role and Admin access mask. When I log in I get the 'Admin' and 'Moderate' links (no 'Host' link which is good) but I can't actually access any admin functionality. A screenshot of what I'm seeing is here:

(http://i.imgur.com/AED2C3Q.png)
UserPostedImage

Am I missing something?

Thanks again.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.