dprus
  •  dprus
  • 57.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2014-06-21T20:08:41Z
Hi,

We're using our YAF forum to track issues users report. We want to track how often users hit a previously-reported issue.

Right now we can think of two ways to do this:

1. Change the "Thank" option to +1 or something like that. However, this is per post and not per topic. We need something per topic.

2. Setup a poll like:

"I've also hit this issue!"
-> Once
-> Twice
-> Three Times
-> More than Three Times

However we're limited here because users cannot change their votes.

Would it be possible to add a feature to allow users, on a per-poll basis, to change their votes? Or, perhaps there's another way we haven't thought of to accomplish this?

Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2014-06-21T20:41:37Z
I think Users can "Favorite" a topic and that shows in the Topic listing of how many times it was Favorite'd.
dprus
  •  dprus
  • 57.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Camper Topic Starter
2014-06-21T22:40:40Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think Users can "Favorite" a topic and that shows in the Topic listing of how many times it was Favorite'd.

I think that's going to get very confusing for users. Most of the time people use favorites to mark posts with useful information in them so they can easily find them again. In this case users just want to +1 an issue and then move on.

Clicking on their favorites and then seeing a list of forums they've +1'd is very weird.

I could go and change "Favorites" all over the place in the themes/languages but then users lose the ability to use favorites for their originally-intended purpose.
Zero2Cool
2014-06-22T13:56:39Z
Originally Posted by: dprus 

I think that's going to get very confusing for users. Most of the time people use favorites to mark posts with useful information in them so they can easily find them again. In this case users just want to +1 an issue and then move on.

Clicking on their favorites and then seeing a list of forums they've +1'd is very weird.

I could go and change "Favorites" all over the place in the themes/languages but then users lose the ability to use favorites for their originally-intended purpose.

You want to have on the Topic List where it shows the Title of the topic to indicate how many "Thanks" have been dolled out?

If you can have it on a separate page, you could just create a sql stored proc that joins the thanks table with the topics table to find out which topics have received the most thanks. And then provide a link to the topic as well. Plus of course any other information.
tha_watcha
2014-06-22T14:55:21Z
Quote:

However we're limited here because users cannot change their votes.

Would it be possible to add a feature to allow users, on a per-poll basis, to change their votes? Or, perhaps there's another way we haven't thought of to accomplish this?

if you enable multi vote in the host settings then you can enable it for a poll.
UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.