Rawbert
  •  Rawbert
  • 94.2% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2013-09-17T20:52:26Z
When I try to add a forum or edit an existing one and hit the save button, the whole page turns grey and none of the buttons/links are clickable anymore. The changes I make don't get saved.

I can create categories and everything else seems to be working fine.
I was on version 5117 so I figured it might be a software glitch and upgraded to v5125/5126 but the problem still remained.

Since I'm still in the initial phase of setting up my forum, there's no data to loose so I decided to start clean. Uninstalled yaf, rebooted server, cleared cache, reinstalled yaf, everything went smooth but the same thing happens.

I'm on dnn 7.0.4, Windows 2008 VPS, SQL 2008 Express, iis 7, .net v4.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob

Sponsor
Rawbert
  •  Rawbert
  • 94.2% (Exalted)
2013-09-18T01:46:12Z
The event log is empty BTW.
bvillersjr
2013-09-18T06:24:00Z
Might be a good idea to post your web.config entries (minus password of course).

Given how well it runs here the 1st thing I wonder is about either the half-baked 7.04 DNN version which had a lot of issues or the YAF web.config settings.
tha_watcha
2013-09-18T09:37:43Z
Quote:

When I try to add a forum or edit an existing one and hit the save button, the whole page turns grey and none of the buttons/links are clickable anymore. The changes I make don't get saved.

You should get an error message dialog, which is not working in dnn. Updated Version is online.
UserPostedImage
Rawbert
  •  Rawbert
  • 94.2% (Exalted)
2013-09-19T01:23:12Z
Thanks Watcha, you're the best! :)
Everything seems to be working fine now!

Is there a way to disable the 'forum description' requirement?
Couldn't find it in the settings.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.