justin.heath
2013-09-09T16:54:04Z
I've seen other threads on this subject but I just can't seem to get email notifications to work.

I have integrated YAF with my existing web application and most everything appears to be working. I've got the YAF assemblies in my applications /bin directory and the rest of the files in a /forum directory.

In the main sites web.config I have configured mail settings as follows:

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory" from="no-reply@mydomain.com">
<specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="C:\inetpub\mailroot\Pickup"/>
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

When I attempt to send an email to users they appear to be queued (I receive the "message queued" alert and I can see them being inserted into the yaf_Mail table, then disappear once they are processed). But then the event log has errors:

SendMailThread General Exception

I attached the YAF project to my process and found that the exception is "The SMTP host was not specified".

Is it possible that I need to provide mail configuration in another location? Or that I have missed some configuration that tells YAF that I want all mail to be dropped to a pickup folder? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsor
justin.heath
2013-09-09T17:16:56Z
Ok - turned out that I had accidentally left use SSL for smtp emails enabled.

Plus I found somewhere that with II7 you may also need to add <network host="localhost" /> to your smtp settings - hope this helps someone else in the future!

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.