johnk
  •  johnk
  • 74.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2013-08-19T01:50:37Z
Steps:

1. In this forum, click on help from top right.
2. Enter any keywords to search.
3. Click on search button.

Nothing happens
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2013-08-19T02:30:50Z
Which browser? Works for me with safari.
UserPostedImage
johnk
  •  johnk
  • 74.2% (Friendly)
2013-08-19T03:46:48Z
I tried in firefox browser. Search for "message". Nothing happens when you click on search button.

BTW, I searched for "PM" and got a notification bar saying to enter minimum 3 characters.
squirrel
2013-08-21T02:19:17Z
Tested search of keyword "message" via FireFox 24.0 (BETA), IE 10, Safari, Chrome, and Opera - I get search results properly.

John - do you get a 'modal' popup saying "Searching" or "Loading Results" or something to that affect? Or nothing at all? Maybe to a cache flush just to be sure there's not a Javascript that got corrupted when initially viewing the page?

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
johnk
  •  johnk
  • 74.2% (Friendly)
2013-08-21T02:52:06Z
Yeah, nothing happens in Firefox 23 when I click on search button (no popups).

It is working fine in Chrome. Maybe it is a cache issue as you suggested.
squirrel
2013-08-21T03:01:25Z
Originally Posted by: johnk 

Yeah, nothing happens in Firefox 23 when I click on search button (no popups).

It is working fine in Chrome. Maybe it is a cache issue as you suggested.

I think I have FF23 on my local server -- I'll test it out with that. I also use a different theme I think than the forum default. I'll switch to the default and see - maybe there's a JS quirk in it against FireFox 23

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.