johnk
  •  johnk
  • 74.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2013-04-23T20:30:46Z
When a user is not logged into the forum, the current message is "Welcome Guest! You can not login or register."

Should we change it to "Welcome Guest! You are currently not logged in. Please login or register."

The first message is confusing since it tells users that they CANNOT login or register.

Also could we hyperlink the text for "login" and "register" in that text. This maybe helpful if they are on small screen (phone, etc). This way they wont have to search where the login/registration link is located.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2013-04-24T11:01:31Z
Quote:

When a user is not logged into the forum, the current message is "Welcome Guest! You can not login or register."

This message is displayed because when login and registering is disabled. When you enable both then the text will change and there is also a link to the login and register page.

Yaf checks the app.config if the value

<add key="YAF.AllowLoginAndLogoff" value="true" />

is true to allow login. and for Register it Checks the Host Settings for the Setting "Disable New Registrations" under "Login/Registration Settings", this value needs to be unchecked.
UserPostedImage
johnk
  •  johnk
  • 74.2% (Friendly)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2013-04-24T18:29:58Z
Thank you for the clarification.

I forgot to mention. I saw this error message on this forum: http://forum.yetanotherforum.net  (when I was not logged in).

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.