basil2002
  •  basil2002
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2013-02-02T19:58:36Z
Microsoft Web Platform Installer 4.0 not installed on the remote server!
The installer does not offer any choice in the installation between the local and remote server, only local.
Possible in principle to establish with this installer on a remote server board?
Sponsor
squirrel
2013-02-03T01:49:52Z
Web Platform Installer is mainly for local installations (in my experience)... Deploying YAF is easy and does not require WPI in any way. Additionally, WPI version of YAF may not be most current release.

All you need is to create empty database in SQL Server, create user and password (with db_owner rights to the new database), and then run YAF installer and provide database connection details (server name or IP, username, password, and database to use). Installer script will take care of rest...

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
basil2002
  •  basil2002
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2013-02-03T08:05:21Z
What will run the installer? I do not quite understand the mechanism for setting the forum.
squirrel
2013-02-04T08:49:22Z
Originally Posted by: basil2002 

What will run the installer? I do not quite understand the mechanism for setting the forum.

Please download YAF Binaries from CodePlex and view Readme file inside archive for installation instructions --

http://yafnet.codeplex.com  -- downloads

http://yafnet.codeplex.c...rringTitle=Documentation  -- installation instructions
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.