Alexgaming
2013-01-09T14:55:03Z
Hello!

Well, I'm having problems with Language editing.

Well, today, I changed Language, in "Danish.xml."
So, I changed it, but it did not work with the buttons, it got some javascript bug after that.

So, I had a backup, resetet the Languages folder, restarted IIS website service, but I keep having the old Language that is not Danish.

I've tried to clear cache etc, but it just don't work.

In Language editing in admin panel it is also some Languages that is duplicated in there.
Asked my friends, and they also have the same problem on the site.
What's going on?
I've set Danish as my Language in profile, but it just not updating...

Sponsor
Alexgaming
2013-01-11T11:13:50Z
tha_watcha
2013-01-11T12:13:24Z
Quote:

So, I changed it, but it did not work with the buttons, it got some javascript bug after that.



Would be good to know what error you got.

Quote:

I've set Danish as my Language in profile, but it just not updating...



When you modify the language files manually or via the language Editor, to see the changes you always have to restart the Application (YAF) in order to reload the file in yaf.
UserPostedImage
Alexgaming
2013-01-11T15:22:29Z
Ok, is the language files in the SQL database?
Because the language IS chaning when I change it in the language editor in admin panel, but not when I just replace the file....?
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2013-01-11T23:49:54Z
Look here this norwegian.xml - It doesn't matter how your file named - language info is taken from here (in bold)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Resources xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" language="Norwegian" code="nb-NO">
Alexgaming
2013-01-13T13:16:02Z
But I am trying to copy the old language file, and then replace it with the new one since I messed up the old one, but it does not replaces it, it's the same old language?
tha_watcha
2013-01-14T11:56:10Z
Originally Posted by: Alexgaming 

But I am trying to copy the old language file, and then replace it with the new one since I messed up the old one, but it does not replaces it, it's the same old language?



Did you make an application restart, after you replaced the file?

You can post the files here as Attachments, maybe we can find out what the problem is with the modified file.


UserPostedImage
Alexgaming
2013-01-14T12:46:56Z
Yes, I did restart the application.
I even restarted the web server...
So I made download files..

http://www.mediafire.com/?h8cq2yclto14zm2  - This is the old language I'm going to replace because it does not work...

http://www.mediafire.com/?bi6cpjrm4nz8ccs  - This is the file I'm trying to update the language with, but it does not change any of the text on the website :?: (It was named the same as the first file, I just had to rename it to upload it)

Any idea why It's not updating? I'm restarting and clears logs...
tha_watcha
2013-01-14T13:07:35Z
Quote:

Any idea why It's not updating? I'm restarting and clears logs...



No, i tried it on my test machine as soon as i modify the file and restart the changes are visible.

The Only idea i have is that you have to duplicated language danish languages, you can check this by going to the Language Editor there should be two Danish (Denmark) language files if that is the problem.

One other problem is there are sometimes similar language strings, maybe you modified the wrong string. That could be why you didn't see any changes.


Otherwise i have no more ideas.
UserPostedImage
Alexgaming
2013-01-14T14:48:46Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Quote:

Any idea why It's not updating? I'm restarting and clears logs...



No, i tried it on my test machine as soon as i modify the file and restart the changes are visible.

The Only idea i have is that you have to duplicated language danish languages, you can check this by going to the Language Editor there should be two Danish (Denmark) language files if that is the problem.

One other problem is there are sometimes similar language strings, maybe you modified the wrong string. That could be why you didn't see any changes.


Otherwise i have no more ideas.



Hmm, that's confusing.
I even tried to delete all of the files in the webserver and upload the old ones (They who ARE working)

I puted "TestYafNews" in the frontpage, before I replaced it, just to see if that would update.
Replaced it, restarted, but it still says "TestYafNews" and I am on Danish.
Very confusing then :shock:

Not sure what the problem can be when I restart the application after I have replaced it, when Is search the Danish file now, I can't see "TestYafNews", but it still loads it...
Alexgaming
2013-01-15T14:05:19Z
Looks like it's a SQL database problem.... I copied all of the old site files on a new VPS, and turned it on with the new database and it loaded "TestYafNews" instead of "News"...

Anything to do with this?
Dong2000
2013-01-28T03:21:40Z
I have the same problem.
Whatever what I changed in the china.xml file, the forum display didn't change anything.
Dong2000
2013-01-29T05:33:00Z
Originally Posted by: Dong2000 

I have the same problem.
Whatever what I changed in the china.xml file, the forum display didn't change anything.



The change will not actualize immediately.
The forum display changed after some hours by did nothing. :-d

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved