iPatientCare
2012-07-26T13:24:19Z
Hello,
I am using YAF for forum (probably Version:2.0.50727.4223), and i have couple of questions/issues. Please guys, do answer:

1. Even if the "Watch this topic and receive notifications of activity via e-mail?" check box is checked while posting, i do not get any email notification when any activities happens on that post.

2. Thank button on posts is not working.

3. When i put a poll, it always stops after 1 reply. By stop i mean, it allows me to do post reply, but after one voting, it doesnt allow other users to select an answer from options. So basically useless after one vote.

4. Being an admin, how/where can i see that who visited my forum or logged into the forum with the registered ids i provided to user. i can see the last post activities on the 1st page, but if somebody only visited the forum, how can i see that.

5. why the "post reply" button is not working for laptop users.

Guys please do reply. Its very urgent.

Thanks
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2012-07-26T14:02:11Z
Originally Posted by: iPatientCare 

Hello,
I am using YAF for forum (probably Version:2.0.50727.4223)

This is the .NET Framework Version to find out which YAF Version You are using go to Admin -> Upgrade -> Version Check

1. Its a known Bug in older Versions and can still occour in the most recent Version

2. & 5. "Not working" is not a correct description about the Problem, please describe whats happening when you press the button. About the Thanks Button please take a look at the javascript error Messages of your browser.

3. Allowing Multiple Votings was added in a newer Version of yaf, and needs to be enabled in the Host Settings -> "Allow Multiple Choices Voting" But you can NOT change your vote.

4. If you want to know if a specific user has visited the forum go to Admin -> Users & Roles -> Users and Search for the User in the Results Table it shows you the Last Vist of the User.
UserPostedImage
iPatientCare
2012-07-26T15:10:43Z
0. Sorry i cannot give you version as my system showing this error msg "Server Error in '/Forum' Application." when i click on "version check"

1. Thank you for info.

2. I dont get any error msg when i click on it. It just does not do anything, no action at all. Also, when i check the number of thanks & thanked, they are always zero.

3. I am not talking about "Multiple votings" by a single user, i am talking about single answers by all the users even is not possible. Which any first user can reply to the poll, and after that nobody else can reply to post (by selecting options). Options gets disabled to get the clicks on them by itself.

4. That i know, by user i can check his last visit. But is there any way i can see anywhere that how many/who visitors visited my forum today (or till now today). Because if i have list of 200 users, to keep a track, i cant daily do the user wise checking of 200 users, that whats is their last visit.

5. This problem is with laptop users only. when we click on "post reply", no action takes place. No error, no msg, nothing. Just posting window does not open, Quick reply works only.
iPatientCare
2012-07-26T15:54:41Z
0. Sorry i cannot give you version as my system showing this error msg "Server Error in '/Forum' Application." when i click on "version check"

1. Thank you for info.

2. I dont get any error msg when i click on it. It just does not do anything, no action at all. Also, when i check the number of thanks & thanked, they are always zero.

3. I am not talking about "Multiple votings" by a single user, i am talking about single answers by all the users even is not possible. Which any first user can reply to the poll, and after that nobody else can reply to post (by selecting options). Options gets disabled to get the clicks on them by itself.

4. That i know, by user i can check his last visit. But is there any way i can see anywhere that how many/who visitors visited my forum today (or till now today). Because if i have list of 200 users, to keep a track, i cant daily do the user wise checking of 200 users, that whats is their last visit.

5. This problem is with laptop users only. when we click on "post reply", no action takes place. No error, no msg, nothing. Just posting window does not open, Quick reply works only.
tha_watcha
2012-07-27T14:49:40Z
2. Without knowing the yaf Version its almost impossible identify the Problem. Are there any errrors in the Admin -> Maintenance -> Event Log. But i Guess its a Problem with the web.config.

3. This sound like a bug in an older Version. I can not reproduce this with the current Version.

4. In Older Versions this is not Possible the Latest Version has a new Control Bellow The Active User List it shows the Recent Users in the last 24 Hours

5. And which browser + Browser Version, it could be A Problem of the theme that is used.

UserPostedImage
iPatientCare
2012-07-27T16:17:43Z
1. Hey, good news, i got the email notification feature working. It was a stucked up thing at server backend.
2. i ll ask you in detail about this because i can see lot many error msgs in the place you specified, dont know related to what actually.
3. Ok. i ll do that
4. same as above.
5. Browser is IE, version is 9.. And the theme is Grey-grey, but i dont think that can be the prob for this.

Thank you so much for helping.
tha_watcha
2012-07-28T04:14:34Z

1. Hey, good news, i got the email notification feature working. It was a stucked up thing at server backend.
2. i ll ask you in detail about this because i can see lot many error msgs in the place you specified, dont know related to what actually.
3. Ok. i ll do that
4. same as above.
5. Browser is IE, version is 9.. And the theme is Grey-grey, but i dont think that can be the prob for this.

Thank you so much for helping.

2. Did other ajax functions work, for example the "Tag as favorite" Button to Mark an Topic as Favorite. I would still guess there is something missing in the web.config. The problem with the event log entries wouldn't help much, i could only tell you to upgrade to the latest Version because that the only way to solve most of the Bugs.

3 & 4. Before you upgrade be aware that you need .NET 4 to be installed on the Server, you need to switch the App Pool of your Application. And Backup of the DB and files is always recommended :cheesy:.

5. It could be an issue with the jquery tool tips used in that theme. Simply try a different theme to check if it works or not. Older version of that theme have some problems with ie9, which should be all fixed in the latest Release.

UserPostedImage
iPatientCare
2012-07-30T12:05:18Z
2. Thank Button: No i guess not, tag as favorite is also not giving any response. (By d way, where can i see that who did "tag as favorite" for my post. ?)

2,3,4: Will upgrade the system and lets see if these works out.

5. I changed the theme, but it is still the same. Lets see the change after upgrade.

Thanks a ton for your answers. 🙂
iPatientCare
2012-07-31T09:44:23Z
Answers to most of the doubts is "Upgrade"
But now the problem is, i ll need .NET 4 to upgrade to new version, and i dont have (and cant have) .NET 4, i have .NET 2 installed at my server.
Do i have any another way ?
tha_watcha
2012-07-31T13:17:01Z

Answers to most of the doubts is "Upgrade"
But now the problem is, i ll need .NET 4 to upgrade to new version, and i dont have (and cant have) .NET 4, i have .NET 2 installed at my server.
Do i have any another way ?

No there is no other way. If you would at least have 3.5 Installed you could install the last release Version 1.9.5.5. But if thats not possible too, you are stuck with your old version.

UserPostedImage
sam_s
  •  sam_s
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2012-09-26T03:43:44Z
Hi tha_watcha,

I have an issue with the poll...After a user creates a poll for other to vote, and when a user votes by selecting one of the choices, then another user CANNOT select that choice anymore because it says you have already selected this choice eventhou someone else has selected that. this issue is prett much the same as what iPatientCare had in item 3 he listed. But never resolved?!. my version is YAF-v1.9.6.1-RTW-SRC

any help will be greatly appreciated
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2012-09-26T07:55:04Z
If you're trying to make it from the same browser than you can't vote twice, because cookie there is user-agnostic. If you don't have a correct cookie, YAF checks database first.
But if your voting is linked to ip in host settings and users have the same IP (NAT or like this) they can't vote. You should disable the check and rely on a user name check.
sam_s
  •  sam_s
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2012-09-28T05:09:54Z
I see..thank you for your resposne