Steve4
  •  Steve4
  • 81.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2012-02-03T13:34:45Z
I am admin in my forum and I used the Move button to move a topic to another forum. Now I don't see the topic anywhere. Not in the new forum, not in the old forum. Is there another step to the move process?
Sponsor
Steve4
  •  Steve4
  • 81.2% (Honored)
2012-02-03T14:49:37Z
I have checked the tables in the database and apparently when I pressed the Move button it deleted the message. The Topic is still in the database, but the IsDeleted column is true and I don't see any messages in the Message table. Good work YAF developers. I can see why your product is free.
tha_watcha
2012-02-03T15:03:47Z
Which YAF Version?

Did you use the Move Topic Option or the Move Message Option?
UserPostedImage
Steve4
  •  Steve4
  • 81.2% (Honored)
2012-02-03T16:37:50Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Which YAF Version?

Thanks for the feedback. I think I used the Move Topic option, but I might have been confused. I went back and searched the database some more and I found that the message wasn't deleted, it was moved to another topic. I did another move and got it back in the correct Topic and it reappeared. The Topic reappeared in a new forum category so I think I must've chosen Move Topic, but I might be wrong.

Thanks

Steve
tha_watcha
2012-02-03T17:08:26Z
Originally Posted by: Steve4 

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Which YAF Version?

Thanks for the feedback. I think I used the Move Topic option, but I might have been confused. I went back and searched the database some more and I found that the message wasn't deleted, it was moved to another topic. I did another move and got it back in the correct Topic and it reappeared. The Topic reappeared in a new forum category so I think I must've chosen Move Topic, but I might be wrong.

Thanks

Steve

There are 3 Move Options...

- Move a Complete Topic - The "Move Topic" Button can be found near the "Tag as Favorite" Button
When you click the Button you will be redirected to the Move Topic Page where you can select the new Forum.

- Move a single Message to a New Topic - the "Move" Button can be found near the "Delete" and "Quote" Button inside the Message
When you click the Button you will be redirected to the Move Message Page where you enter the Name for the New Topic

- Move a single Message to an Existing Topic- the "Move" Button can be found near the "Delete" and "Quote" Button inside the Message
When you click the Button you will be redirected to the Move Message Page where select the Forum and the Topic where you want to move the Message to.

UserPostedImage