SteveGIMP
2012-01-12T22:50:32Z
I'm trying to create a new theme by copying an existing theme directory and XML file. I can successfully load the new theme but I have a problem changing icons. I thought I could modify the declarations in the XML file to use my own icons.

For example: Change "<Resource tag="BANNER">~/forum_banner.jpg"</Resource>" to "<Resource tag="BANNER">~/My_logo.png</Resource>"

But it doesn't work. Instead, I have to rename my icons to match the existing declarations. I guess that's okay, unless I want to use a different file type, as in my example above.

Am I missing something?

Sponsor
tha_watcha
2012-01-13T00:15:53Z
Originally Posted by: SteveGIMP 

I'm trying to create a new theme by copying an existing theme directory and XML file. I can successfully load the new theme but I have a problem changing icons. I thought I could modify the declarations in the XML file to use my own icons.

For example: Change "<Resource tag="BANNER">~/forum_banner.jpg"</Resource>" to "<Resource tag="BANNER">~/My_logo.png</Resource>"

But it doesn't work. Instead, I have to rename my icons to match the existing declarations. I guess that's okay, unless I want to use a different file type, as in my example above.

Am I missing something?

When you change a theme xml file you need to restart the application, to reload the cache in order to see the changes.

UserPostedImage
SteveGIMP
2012-01-13T00:27:58Z
Bingo. I recycled the application pool and all is well.

Thanks

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.