sandeepmohanty
2011-09-27T12:40:37Z
Hello,

I am trying to intigrate YAF version 1.9.9.5 final release in my website.

I need to get the user informations who has logged in my forum, like username to be displayed as welcome (Username) in my other pages of site. I would like to mention here that I have hosted YAF forum and my websites in two virtual directories.

Is it possible by any chance to achieve this. Any developers suggestion would be a great help and well apreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Sandeep
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2011-09-29T09:44:59Z
I think the easiest solution would be merging both applications in to one and use the forum as Control inside your forum.

A quick Guide how to can be found here

http://forum.yetanotherf...sting-app.aspx#post51293 

If you add the YAF Dlls as refrerences to your Main application you can easily Retrieve the Current User. If you only need the username, you only need one line of code.

var userName = YafContext.Current.PageUserName

P.S: I create a sample Demo Project for that when i have some free time.
UserPostedImage
sandeepmohanty
2011-09-29T11:47:45Z
Awesome....Thanks a lot for your help...You guys are rockstars.....

I am really thanking you from my heart for this awesome help and link....

Just one quick clarification needed is,

Once we move YAF forum files to production and complete the setup process should we delete the install folder for security purpose or is it ok to keep there?

Thanks,
Sandeep
tha_watcha
2011-09-30T10:57:14Z
Quote:

Once we move YAF forum files to production and complete the setup process should we delete the install folder for security purpose or is it ok to keep there?

You can leave it there if you use a safe password for the Installer. Otherwise you can remove it until you upgrade to a newer version.
UserPostedImage
sandeepmohanty
2011-09-30T11:00:17Z
Thanks again..I am using a safe password..so would let keep it there...