ruek23
  •  ruek23
  • 90.2% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2011-06-13T15:57:34Z
Hi Guys (Mainly Jaben & devs)

Is there a time scale on YAF v2.0? I notice it's in the bug tracker and is marked as "Late".

Just wondering as it sounds as thought you have refactored or even re-written a lot of the code and would like to have a look at it 🙂 I'm probably not the first to ask either :)

Thanks
Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2011-06-13T17:10:30Z
I share your inquiry, however, I believe the developers are working solely on their own time as they find available, so I don't think they have a time table. And honestly, from my own experience working as such with a vast community, it's not wise to put down a date of any kind. It always comes back to haunt you, lol.

Meaning, if they say by the end of summer, and they get too busy or try to add too many things, they'll have folks bemoaning comments like "why isnt it done yet, you said end of summer and we're in the first month of fall!".

Trying to meet time tables at times can make the development process a tad unrewarding, of course, that's just my opinion.

I'm looking forward to 1.9.5.6 myself. Then I'm gonna test my skills with adding a few topic moderation features, if not already included.
ruek23
  •  ruek23
  • 90.2% (Exalted)
2011-06-13T20:43:49Z
@Zero2Cool - I know what you mean about part-time development on a project of this size, it is pretty hard and of course time-scales are hard to create and follow. If they do have a time it would be awesome to know, I'm also of the opinion that with YAF and most other big Open Source projects like this are great and if a "deadline" were to shift that's no-ones fault it's the nature of projects like this. Even my development projects at work have creep :)

Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-06-14T01:26:53Z
I took a full time job back in March so I haven't had any YAF.NET time lately. I'm putting all my energy into making Yet Another E-commerce site more money.

Such is life.
Zero2Cool
2011-06-14T01:46:13Z
Originally Posted by: Jaben 

I took a full time job back in March so I haven't had any YAF.NET time lately. I'm putting all my energy into making Yet Another E-commerce site more money.

Such is life.

Jaben, simple solution, forget sleep man, pop some 5 Hour Energy shots. ;)

Congrats on the full time job!
ruek23
  •  ruek23
  • 90.2% (Exalted)
2011-06-14T07:36:59Z
Originally Posted by: Jaben 

Such is life.

I'm with Zero on this well done on the new job 🙂 I guess we will have to wait and like it, at least 1.9.5.5 is working well for me 🙂

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.