ARIJIT
  •  ARIJIT
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2011-05-16T10:57:06Z
Hello,

I am wanting to change the text "Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login." which is visible when a user is not at all logged in. I want to change this text to something which I like and if possible, I also want to change the red logo with this particular text to a preferred picture of mine.

Please let me know how can I do this and oblige me thereby.

Thanks.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2011-05-16T11:49:27Z
Quote:

I am wanting to change the text "Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login." which is visible when a user is not at all logged in. I want to change this text to something which I like and if possible,

You need to modify the languages file, in folder languages. For english english.xml

<Resource tag="WELCOME_GUEST">Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.</Resource>

Quote:

I also want to change the red logo with this particular text to a preferred picture of mine.

The File of that image is called error.png and you can find it in the theme folder of the the theme you use.
UserPostedImage
Observe
2013-10-27T20:37:52Z
How can we eliminate the "Welcome Guest!..." message altogether?

I don't like the way it looks on my site, and I don't consider it necessary having a message at all in my case.

Thanks

tha_watcha
2013-10-29T12:09:31Z
Originally Posted by: Observe 

How can we eliminate the "Welcome Guest!..." message altogether?

I don't like the way it looks on my site, and I don't consider it necessary having a message at all in my case.

Thanks

The only way is to hide it via css.

By adding this to your theme.css

.guestUser {
 display:none;
visibility:hidden
}

UserPostedImage
Observe
2013-10-29T16:21:03Z
Perfect! Thanks. 🙂

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.