wombat172a
2011-04-25T00:30:25Z
Hello all,

I've got to admit to being a complete newbie when it comes to this, I've not really tried programming in about 10 years and things have moved on a fair bit.

I'm trying to install YAF to a subfolder within my website "/forum" and I'll be looking at integrating to the rest of the site (written in VB) in due course, however on compiling I'm now receiving the following errors:

Could not find schema information for the element 'rewriter'. D:\seatag\website1\Web.config
Could not find schema information for the attribute 'configSource'. D:\seatag\website1\Web.config
The type or namespace name 'DB' does not exist in the namespace 'YAF.Classes.Data' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\seatag\website1\forum.aspx
The name 'YafContext' does not exist in the current context D:\seatag\website1\forum.aspx
The type or namespace name 'YafInitializeDb' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\seatag\website1\forum.aspx
The name 'YafContext' does not exist in the current context D:\seatag\website1\forum.aspx

Prior to this I was having some assembly reference problems, but I think I've got all those sorted now and all .dlls in the /bin have been referenced at solution level.

Additionally when trying to login/register to the forum I get the following error:

Error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Are the two problems likely to be related? If so any ideas as to how I should be looking to solve it? because I'm getting pretty lost

Thanks for any advice
Sponsor
wombat172a
2011-04-25T10:54:06Z
Fixed:

The problems were seperate. The first I think was a result of me playing around too much with assemblies or something and breaking it. I started again from scratch and that solved that.

Second problem was a dodgy connection string. I had two in db.config one called "yafnet" as included with the install, and one called "myconnectionstring", during install the second was selected and running fine, and boards were showing up when browsing (I had previously populated this from an earlier install). However when logging in I would get the connection error, is there a chance that register & login pages reference "yafnet" by default?

Anyway I just redressed the "myconnectionstring" as "yafnet" and it runs fine.
logan
  •  logan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader
2011-04-26T14:36:21Z
Look in app.config

<add key="YAF.ConnectionStringName" value="yafnet" /> 

test

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.