cagliostro
2011-02-27T22:11:32Z
Hello.

Since Ckeditor is available and working great with DNN, it would be nice if it could be also used in YAF, so users / admins have one editor to work with.

Thanks
Sponsor
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-02-27T22:58:47Z
It's already added and users can select for posts and PMs any editor too(if allowed).
cagliostro
2011-02-27T23:06:14Z
Originally Posted by: bbobb 

It's already added and users can select for posts and PMs any editor too(if allowed).

Added where ? In 1.9.5.5 beta i have (posted here) i there is no such an option for CKeditor.

cagliostro
2011-02-27T23:29:30Z
Using DNN / YAF with TinyMCE the non-english is converted wrong (if you view the html source).

Example:

p style="text-align: justify;">Επίσης μπορείτε να χρησιμοποιήσετε

With CKeditor there is an option to overcome this. DNN Rad editor also has this problem.

I find it hard to believe that in 2011 there are still problem with non-english character sets..... utf-8 and unicode etc etc....

(In TinyMCE also the problem can be solved, editing the JS script and changing the Entities from "Named" to "Raw").
tha_watcha
2011-02-28T11:11:24Z
Originally Posted by: cagliostro 

Using DNN / YAF with TinyMCE the non-english is converted wrong (if you view the html source).

Example:

p style="text-align: justify;">Επίσης μπορείτε να χρησιμοποιήσετε

With CKeditor there is an option to overcome this. DNN Rad editor also has this problem.

I find it hard to believe that in 2011 there are still problem with non-english character sets..... utf-8 and unicode etc etc....

(In TinyMCE also the problem can be solved, editing the JS script and changing the Entities from "Named" to "Raw").

Why do you thing it is wrong? Encode Entities in html code is absolutely ok, and not a problem or a bug.

Quote:

Added where ? In 1.9.5.5 beta i have (posted here) i there is no such an option for CKeditor.

Its Currently only in the SVN Repository available. The CKEditor will be customized and supports all BB Codes.

There will be also an extra plugin that allows you to use the YAF Custom BBCoded.
tha_watcha attached the following image(s):

UserPostedImage
cagliostro
2011-02-28T11:21:34Z
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

Why do you thing it is wrong? Encode Entities in html code is absolutely ok, and not a problem or a bug.

Because it takes MUCH MUCH more database space ?

tha_watcha
2011-02-28T11:55:42Z

Because it takes MUCH MUCH more database space ?

Ok but if you decide between a possible security risk with or a larger database i would choose the larger database
UserPostedImage
cagliostro
2011-02-28T12:03:49Z

Ok but if you decide between a possible security risk with or a larger database i would choose the larger database

I'm not aware about the security risks you say.

But since that can multiply 4 - 5+ times the needed storage .....

bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-02-28T16:27:16Z

But since that can multiply 4 - 5+ times the needed storage.

You can use a bbcode editor or a plain text editor 🙂 .

P.S. When people deal with JS things they are well aware that it can lead to security problems and to make JS things secure everything fits best, else no JS should be used at all.
tha_watcha
2011-03-03T12:51:52Z

After some days, i changed my mind, you are right it is a bad idea to encode. Its not only that you get a larger db, the Bigger problem you can not use the search function because all your greek text would be encoded. Encoding it makes only sense when viewing the text but not when saving it.

I disabled the entities in CKEditor and TinyMCE.
UserPostedImage
cagliostro
2011-03-03T12:58:00Z

After some days, i changed my mind, you are right it is a bad idea to encode. Its not only that you get a larger db, the Bigger problem you can not use the search function because all your greek text would be encoded. Encoding it makes only sense when viewing the text but not when saving it.

I disabled the entities in CKEditor and TinyMCE.

Ckeditor was already disabled, at least in your DNN version.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.