BWG
  •  BWG
  • 99.4% (Exalted)
  • YAF Lover Topic Starter
2010-07-26T09:54:23Z
I've successfully upgraded from 1.94 RC1 to 1.94 release. Generally looks excellent to me!

One specific question, is there a way to enable daylight saving by default? (As far as I can tell users have to go into their profile and select the option.)

General comments...I downloaded the source and opened in VS 2010. I had a number of issues, but managed to resolve. These included:

1) In the YAF.csproj file I had to add to get it to publish:

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath32)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\WebApplications\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" />

2) There were a number of 'missing' files which prevented the web app from copiling. For some reason the project was looking for the emoticons in the images/medals folder. I simply excluded the missing files from the images/avatar folder. In the route it was also expecting to find a manifest.xml file and a web.config file. I excluded the manifest.xml (I've only come across this file in SharePoint solutions before) and included the appropriate web.config file provided in the webconfigs folder

3) The images/emoticons folder was empty, so I copied across the emoticon files to this folder

4) TinyMCE was not included in the project, although the folder was present. I just added this in.

Not sure whether the issues I experienced are common to other VS 2010 users or not. I compiled as .NET 3.5 and deployed successfully.

Sponsor

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.