tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-03-03T15:27:51Z
I see the constantly increasing number of server errors 5xx in Google Search Console after switching to YAF 2.3. They all similar and are related to ScriptResource.axd and WebResource.axd, for example:

https://forum.example.com/ScriptResource.axd?d=0tikUa4IUuZJsJTN_KUca21uDswypknbd98mq6SEtak_Ys2ffanI1exrCxTmpPeVj_BrPzm-_g6F9dSqlQJ9ht64M6AOdBSynrjjfMc_dsB3ONosiyjFYQtd8v5BbhH2TDoVvZfDQpTzJ-Alytaf4V_lve_oWca59QizWNS7Wo04qZErFh45_jNiMBT9g4v40&t=545ba255

When I open such a link, I get the following:

Server Error in '/forum' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated. 

Is there a way to get rid of this problem?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2020-03-05T07:38:20Z
Is this still an issue? I dont see this issue anymore on your site
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-03-05T14:42:06Z
If I open that link after replacing forum.example.com with the URL to our forum, yes, I get the same error.

Perhaps, you need to specify 'noindex' for crawlers for ScriptResource.axd and WebResource.axd on your side or something like that to avoid this problem.

And I even do not understand when and how Google's bot found those strange URLs. Any ideas?
tha_watcha
2020-03-05T15:16:28Z
Yes of course it throws an error because the url is outdated.

As a workaround create a robots.txt

User-agent: Googlebot
Disallow: /*.axd

UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-03-05T16:38:05Z
We do have robots.txt on our website but Google doesn't like it. It prefers the noindex meta-tag.
tha_watcha
2020-03-05T17:33:49Z
Script tags doesn't have no follow tags! The only way is the robots.txt! That even suggest by Google. Why should Google habe a problem with the robots file?
UserPostedImage
Ulvis.net
2020-03-06T03:05:19Z
I have same problem but better is block in htacess and forward to home page? 🤔

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.