Will Chen
2009-08-06T15:44:10Z
Hello All!

Just wanted to announce implementation of YAF for the FrugalGuitarist.com forum http://forum.frugalguitarist.com . The installation went pretty smooth (had a hang up due to user error) and has been 100% stable thus far (however as the forum has only been up 2 days traffic is still pretty low).

Thanks for such a great free product. I was initially bummed that I couldn't use vbulletin for my .net site but am very happy with YAF and have a unique look versus all the vbulletin sites out there.

Looking forward to future enhancements/features!

Visit www.frugalguitarist.com  for detailed reviews of under-the-radar gear and guides to the best bargains on the net.

Sponsor
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-08-06T16:30:24Z
Cool.

In answer to your users query; you can change the password complexity settings by editting the web.config and looking for the MembershipProvider settings.

minRequiredPasswordLength
minRequiredNonAlphanumericCharacters

are the options you need to add; I've mentioned this on a few posts if you want to do a search and get it sorted ;-)

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
Will Chen
2009-08-18T11:03:25Z
Thanks so much! I'm going to update it...
Visit www.frugalguitarist.com  for detailed reviews of under-the-radar gear and guides to the best bargains on the net.

Will Chen
2010-05-19T17:10:44Z
Just updated to 1.9.4. Sweet! Also integrated the site into my site's shell.

herman_herman
2010-05-20T01:07:41Z
Will Chen wrote:

Just updated to 1.9.4. Sweet! Also integrated the site into my site's shell.

Nice job.Like it!👍

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.